5 Benefits of Spirulina for Women
Spirulina consumption has been rising considerably over the years and has reached a peak in the 21st century. Spirulina is a plant-based product and is a cyanobacteria, blue-green algae or microalgae. Spirulina price is very reasonable and it can be afforded by middle-class families too. The nutritional value of this product is really very high and it has numerous health benefits which are the reasons for its rise in consumption by humans. It has health benefits for women also and given below are some of them.
- Spirulina is rich in various macronutrients and micronutrients: Our daily diet often does not contain all the essential nutrients and that causes various deficiency disorders in women. Spirulina makes up the nutrition level in the diet as it contains 4 g of protein with all the vital amino acids, 11 percent of the Recommended Dietary Allowance of Thiamine, 15 percent that of Riboflavin, 4 percent of niacin, 21 percent of copper, and 11 percent of iron. Significant amounts of manganese, magnesium and potassium are also present. Healthy fatty acids and proper amount of carbohydrates makes Spirulina a whole food.
- Spirulina is an excellent anti-oxidant: Spirulina detoxifies the body by its anti-oxidant activities. The anti-oxidant present in Spirulina is Phycocyanin that reduces inflammation by stopping signaling molecules production that promotes inflammation.
- Anti-cancer properties are found in Spirulina: It has been observed that consumption of Spirulina can reduce the risk of having cancers. It reduces cancer progression and size of tumors. With the rising number of women suffering from cervical and breast cancers, Spirulina can be a savior for all women if added in the right amount in their diet.
- Spirulina can fight against Anemia: Addition of Spirulina in the diet can increase the hemoglobin levels in the blood and also improves the function of immune system. Increasing the hemoglobin levels can help in fighting anemia which is more common in women and will also be helpful for menstruating women who have low hemoglobin in general.
- Spirulina contains Calcium: Spirulina has significant amount of Calcium present in it which is 120 mg per 100 g. Calcium helps in reducing the risk of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis in women. It is especially prevalent in women who have reached menopause, which is above forty five years of age, and thus Spirulina can be a really good supplement for them.
In a nutshell it can be said that if you are looking for a product or a supplement that will take care of all your necessary dietary and health requirements in a cost effective manner, then Spirulina is the one and only product that you should definitely opt for. Digestion of Spirulina is also really good by the human digestive system. Spirulina is manufactured by Purayati in various forms like capsules and powder and at an affordable price range. You can buy Spirulina from the website of Purayati which also boasts a vast array of dietary supplements starting from multi-vitamins to probiotics. It has special supplements for bone health as well as for diabetes. There are products manufactured especially for elderly people which is another advantage of using Purayati products.