Five Must See Artists At CRSSD Festival This Spring
CRSSD Festival will be returning for the third time to San Diego’s Waterfront Park on March 5 & 6. Again, CRSSD’s lineup demands to hold the festival’s reputation for providing some of the most cutting edge live and DJ talent representing a wide range of the dance music spectrum. CRSSD Festival’s lineup has turned heads with their abilities to arrange an edgy selection of artists, gaining considerable attention across the country. The brains behind CRSSD have established their status with their underground focused booking vision, winning the hearts of many. With all of these carefully selected artists, we have come up with a list of five must see sets for the weekend…
Here are our five must see artists at CRSSD Festival this spring…
1. Will Clarke – This is an essential Dirtybird artist you can’t miss. Will Clarke‘s influences come from his hometown of Bristol, as well as his seasonal home in Ibiza. His sounds fuses the best of both influences; bass elements from Bristol, and Ibiza’s up forefront house music taste. Will Clarke speaks of his approach to productions, saying “I make music for clobbers, not DJs. I sample a lot of old school rave tracks from the 90s with 21st century production techniques.” Add those little influences from Bristol and Ibiza and you will understand why Will’s music holds such a broad appeal. So come meet us on the dance floor for his set and find yourself vibrating with all the other Dirtybird fans from near and far.
2. J.Phlip — Another DirtyBird whose aim is dance floor lobotomy as she describes her genre as “acid booty-tech bass and beyond.” If that isn’t enough of a reason to find out what she is all about then keep reading, you won’t be disapointed. This girl is one who aims to rock the dance floor without relying on the most obvious house tracks to please her audience. J.Phlip has an admirable ability to find hidden gems to include in her sets, lacing them with her own unique sound. She will provide the full booty work out — all while surprising — energizing and occasionally weirding you out. J.Phlip is one you don’t want to miss in action. She is unpredictable and her next move is always a shock and she continues to refine her aim.
3. GRYFFIN — GRYFFIN is an artist who was somehow able to sell out headlining shows before ever releasing an original track! The remix king has just released his first original, and we are so excited to finally catch him in action at CRSSD. GRYFFIN’s multiple stand out remixes feature his original indie dance sound sprinkled all over some of the biggest hits today. Some call his sound “Porter Robinsonesque” and compare it to Odesza who will also be in attendance this spring. Make sure to catch him in his rise to the top. This set is sure to enhance the oceanside feel and chill vibes of CRSSD fest.
4. Green Velvet — He describes his genre as TechNO & TechYES. Get ready for an electronic trip to remember when attending his set as his influences come from the energetic culture and lifestyle of Chicago — and in our opinion, creates the perfect hybrid of both house and techno. In his earlier years, he played the saxophone and experimented with the keyboard, creating a musical background and interest. With much recent and consistent attention, his fanbase continues to multiply after each of his electrifying sets. This will be his first appearance at CRSSD fest and with both Green Velvet and Claude Vonstroke in attendance, we are wondering is there a possibility for a Get Real appearance? We sure hope so.
5. Sam Gellaitry — This young artist comes all the way from Scotland, embarking on his first ever North American tour this January. His cultivated taste has led him to create some of the most sought after future bass sets. Sam Gellaitry’s sound is surpassing artistic boundaries with his blend of synth soundscapes and beats that can really bump. He is currently touring with Mr. Carmack and Teeko and attracting a fan base in cities all over the states.