Why the Forest? Edition 6/9 – The Wish Machine
Electric Forest is a festival that expands beyond music into the community. The community inside and beyond the boundaries of Sherwood Forest boasts togetherness and understanding. For the first time this year, Electric Forest is rewarding those who go above and beyond their call of duty to truly be the change this world needs. This week marks the 6th edition of Why the Forest? where we explore what Electric Forest has to offer outside of its amazing music lineup. This week we talk about the Wish Machine.
“The Wish Machine challenged the Forest Family to venture out into the world and spread positive action and good deeds. In return, those that proposed positive actions in the world also submitted wishes into the Wish Machine, asking The Forest to support them and grant their wildest dreams at Electric Forest 2018.”
Over 5,000 wishes have been proposed so far, with 9 already granted. Check them out below:
- Angela and the Electric Forces Program – Helping veterans with Post Traumatic Stress issues
- Angelica and Water Filters for Cambodia – Helping to build and install bio-sand filters in Cambodia
- Tyler and Bone Marrow Donation Awareness – Bringing exposure to Bone Marrow Awareness and the potential to save lives
- Aidan and “Burritos and Beats”– Bringing food and music to those who don’t have access
- Ashley and “Generation Love” – Bridging the generation gap using creativity and art
- Zoe and Both Weekends Clean Up Meet Ups – Organizing last day cleanups to preserve the Forest grounds
- The Glitch Mob Surprise 6 in the Forest Loyalty Party – Celebrating Kathleen’s work with the VA and the most loyal Forest attendees
- Jake and “The Wally Tree” – Planting a tree to celebrate the man who started it all, Wally Wojack
- Miasha and Clean & Sober Forest Resources – promoting a clean & sober experience at Electric Forest – in collaboration with Camp Traction and Jellyfish
More information on the Wish Machine can be found here. It’s crystal clear that Electric Forest is far more than a music festival. It is another home, a sanctuary, a place to be your best self. We don’t need the Wish Machine to feel inspired by these stories. The folks of Sensible Reason and Electric Forest urge you to keep granting the wishes of others by helping those around you and putting love in everything you do.
We’re counting the days until all Forest people can head home for their annual celebration. Snag your tickets right here.