Mysteryland USA – Sustainable Design Challenge
This year, Mysteryland USA has put together a design challenge geared towards artists of different mediums. Mysteryland, along with partner Matte Finish, are requesting that designers, sculptors, architects, and artists partake in this challenge to design a sustainable sculpture that is based on the theme “Today Is A Gift.” The winner will have their design produced for the festival which will be seen by 20,000 people at the original Woodstock grounds this coming Memorial Day weekend. The Grand Prize Winner(s) will also win a VIP-Trip to Mysteryland USA, including Bohemium Premium Tickets and Holy Ground Camping.
More information about participation and guidelines is available at the following link, but hurry! The design deadline is April 25th.
Full Press Release:
As Memorial Day Weekend approaches, Mysteryland is excited to announce its first ever Sustainable Design Challenge. Producers of Mysteryland and MATTE creative agency are calling upon the creative young minds of the American design community to take on the challenge utilizing their talents and expertise in order to create a sustainable, functional installation based on the theme and Mysteryland motto, “Today is a Gift.”Mysteryland is driven by a strong ethos: the Festival Footprint. The festival is organized to be sustainable and nature-friendly. Additionally, Mysteryland believes in community-building, whether it is among festival-goers, artists, musicians and even those who help organize and helped Mysteryland become the world’s longest running music festival.The winning design will be built and placed on the festival grounds in Bethel Woods, New York, the original location of the legendary Woodstock Music & Arts Festival. Contestants have a chance to conceptualize, design, and participate in the building of an installation that represents their unique vision, and the Grand Prize winner will have his or her work seen by nearly 25,000 attendees. As an acknowledgement of participation all those who have completed submissions will receive a 20% discount code for Mysteryland USA tickets.Deadline for submission is 11:59PM EDT, April 25, 2014. For entry information and competition guidelines please click here.
- Sculpture will be produced and prominently displayed at Mysteryland US 2014
- In the weeks leading up to Mysteryland US, winners will receive on and offline promotion and official recognition on Mysteryland social channels and public platforms, including link to proposal and design rendering
- Portfolio will be featured on Mysteryland US website
- The winning designer(s) will work with the entire Mysteryland production and creative team while co-producing their installation on-site and credited as part of the Mysteryland crew.
- Winning sculpture will be photographed for post-event PR and 2015 promotional content, and the winners will be listed as official ‘Friends of Mysteryland,’ with full accreditations to the designer(s).
- One Bohemium Premium Ticket to Mysteryland US, Holy Ground Camping, tent, food and drink tickets for the weekend (per team member, with a +1 each)