Experience Uphoria. Does that sound like something you’d like to do? ‘Cause it sounds pretty damn wonderful to me. Uphoria Festival is taking place at the beautiful Kaplan Farm “nestled in the rolling farmlands of Millerton, New York.” It runs from 2PM Thursday May 17th to 4PM Sunday May 20th. This is the second annual Uphoria, put on by CruTopia, who have produced past events like Lesphestival, Festival of Family and a Gathering of Friends. The lineup boasts over 50 national, regional and local acts spanning a myriad of musical genres. Acts include everybody from Dopapod, Sonic Spank featuring Clay Parnell of Brothers Past and Biodiesel, Zebbler Encanti Experience, People with Instruments, Laser Sex, Ian Stewart, Giant Panda Guerrilla Dub Squad and many, many more. In addition to the music there will be world-class interactive art installations, live painters, guest speakers and visual stimulation provided by VJ Andrenochrome, Takyon and Dutch Masterson Designs, as well as fire performances by Eternal Lotus Collective.
Win two Tickets to Uhporia!
Sensible Reason and Digital Dharma are giving away a pair of tickets to Uphoria Music Festival, May 17th to the 20th. The contest is super simple.
2. Post the following on Sensible Reason’s wall:
“The only Sensible Reason for Digital Dharma to give me tickets to Uphoria Music festival is _____”
4. Make sure you tag both SR and DD and fill in the blank
5. Ask your friends to like sensible reason and write “Give___(your name)__ the tickets ” on Sensible Reason’s wall
According to a recent preview by Lost In Sound the festival will feature a 2012 Mayan theme, including creative stage designs and “The Barn” fully equipped with two indoor mainstages, a DJ booth and an interactive art lounge in addition to the daytime main stage outdoors.
For anyone who’s not in attendance the event will also be streaming live all weekend long on UNregular Radio!
5 Reasons to Attend Uphoria
- Get a jump start on your summer festival season. We’re all itching for the summer and planning out what festivals we’re going to hit – why not start early? Drag out your camping gear, rally your troops and get ready for four days of dancing, good vibes and fresh air.
- Musical Diversity! Uphoria is bringing in some of the best live talent in the Northeast ranging from reggae, dub, funk, dubstep, jam, hip-hop and likely some stuff that hasn’t been classified yet. All for $105 (or $90 if you’re coming with 3 friends or more!)
- Visual Stimulation. Artists like VJ Andrenochrome and Zebbler are known for laying their amazing visuals over everything from the Shpongletron to Alex Grey’s mansion, not to mention many of the VJs have experience working with live acts on the lineup so expect some seriously awesome collaborations.
- Late night dance parties. Barn? Count us in. Anyone who’s attended the Big Up knows that there’s nothing better than a late night barn dance party.
- Crutopia knows what they’re doing. They’re experienced in putting together successful events that are well-run and real, no BS (and the focus is really on the music here – there’s a “no alcohol” in venue grounds policy). Prepare for a community of friends, expression and art in addition to the stellar live acts.
Tickets are currently $105, but there’s a group rate of $90 per ticket. There are also “Toofer” tickets (Friday & Saturday only) for $75 and Saturday only tickets for $45. Full schedule will be released on May 5!
Check back to Sensible Reason soon for spotlights on some of the talented artists playing throughout the weekend!
If you want to volunteer at Uphoria or have any questions, get in touch here: email@example.com.