Volunteer with HeadCount for National Voter Registration Day
September 23 is National Voter Registration Day! It’s a national event HeadCount helped create, which now involves over 1,000 organizations. HeadCount is asking for your help regestering voters Tuesday, September 23rd.
A Message From HeadCount
What is HeadCount?
HeadCount is a non-partisan organization that uses the power of music to register voters and promote participation in democracy. We reach young people and music fans where they already are – at concerts and online – to inform and empower.
Our message is not about what party you support or where you land on an issue. It’s that you must speak to be heard.
Musicians and their fans can be leaders in worldwide social movements. HeadCount is focused on harnessing that ability and translating it into real action. Our goal is to help shape policy and culture in America by galvanizing the music community into a politically influential force.
- Inspire participation in democracy through the power of music
- Provide artists and fans with the tools to be active in democracy
- Harness the music community’s potential to make a positive contribution to society
- Mobilize the music community into a force capable of influencing policy and culture
Methods Of Achieving Objectives
- Voter registration
- Get out the vote activity
- Issue education
- Supporting volunteerism
- Enabling direct participation in democracy
- Promoting sustainable living
- Facilitating communication and community-building among socially conscious music fans
- Working directly with artists and the music industry to serve their philanthropic and cause-related objectives in a manner consistent with HeadCount’s mission
- Staging specific advocacy campaigns